Your Team in 5 Years
View Single Post
05-27-2012, 03:12 PM
Join Date: Feb 2012
Here's my shot at this, with the players ranked in each grouping on how likely it is that they're still in Boston in 5 years.
Will be there unless something drastic happens
1. Bergeron (only injuries can take him away from Boston)
2. Chara (whether he's still top notch in 5 years or not, that contract will make him stay)
3. Seguin (the franchise player in Boston, unless he suffers an unlikely setback)
4. Lucic (fan favourite, rare skill set)
5. Rask (if he's still a Bruin after this offseason, he's here to stay)
Probably will be there
1. Hamilton (potential to move up or down depending on how he performs)
2. Seidenberg (has found his niche in Boston)
3. Marchand (found his niche, unless he pulls something to make Boston sour on him)
1. Peverley (not a top tier player, but his versatility and contract might make him stick)
2. Boychuk (see Peverley, plus he's a true "Bruin")
3. Krejci (expect him to get traded to let Seguin transition to center at some point)
4. Horton (injury history makes him a question mark)
The rest is pretty much a complete crapshoot, I'd say. Boston doesn't have any surefire prospects outside of Hamilton, and the rest of the players are too interchangeable to predict whether they'll be there in 5 years or not.
If Kelly resigns, I'd put him at #3 on the "Maybe" list, for the same reasons as Peverley and Boychuk.
View Public Profile
Trap Jesus's albums
Find More Posts by Trap Jesus