View Single Post
Old
03-28-2006, 08:10 PM
Janerixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by romba
I don't know how good he'd be with the youngsters therefore I don't know if I'd want him as a coach. I heard that when he was playing his last few years here one of the rare Rangers rookies was asked how great it was to be with a great like Mark and the guy responded something to the effect of "I wouldn't know". Didn't really give them the time of day I guess. Sure as an assistant coach he'd be in a different situation, but old habits dies hard. I could be wrong about him though.
i dont know about that because when mess was on a line with lundmark and was it malhotra i think, not 100% sure they both loved playing with mark and commented on how helpful he was

i remember when garth murray was here how great he said it was to be playing with mark messier and how mark talked to him before the game giving him advice and telling him to just play his game, ie throwing hits, and that it would work out for him

im sorry but ive never heard any kid ever say anything bad about mess, now do i think it was time for him to retire, heck yeah, but i doubt he was unprofessional to anyone

we all heard the darren langdon story when mess had his jersey retired