View Single Post
Old
05-27-2012, 05:17 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Lol this is absolutely horrendous. Shows how little we knew/know.
In all fairness, if you ask GMs who DO know, I think you'll find their projected teams a lot different.

Anyway, I'm going to take a different format.

Brown - Kopitar - #1
#2 - Carter - Williams OR #3
King - Richards - Lewis
Clifford - #4 - Nolan

#5 - Doughty
#6 - Voynov
#7 - Greene

Quick

The bolded are signed until 2016/2017 season at least. I expect them to stay. The rest have contracts running out in that time span, but I think they will be re-signed.

#1 - I don't expect Williams to stay for another five years. He's never been a star, and while I think he'll still play the game, I don't think it will be in a first line capacity. If this isn't addressed by trade or UFA, then Toffoli is the Kings best right wing prospect right now. If not, Linden Vey has a very similar playstyle compared to Williams, and may fill in the void.

#2 - Don't expect Penner back for more than one year, if he comes back at all. Jordan Weal is a two-way playmaker, so he may excel with Jeff Carter. Otherwise, Michael Schumacher or Mersch might rise to the occasion, if this isn't addressed by trade or UFA.

#3 If Williams is still with the organization, he'll likely go here. If not, Kozun or Shore may fit in here.

#4 I don't even think the Kings will re-sign Fraser after this season. I expect either Andreoff or Cliche to finally establish themselves as NHLers.

#5 Mitchell will be 40, likely retired. Andrew Campbell or Jake Muzzin are both defensive, tougher guys who would pair well with Doughty

#6 Rob Scuderi will be 38 and likely retired or will be playing his final contract out as a free agent wherever he wants. Not that he wouldn't want to stay here, but he just might be happier playing elsewhere. Since this is in a less time intense role than the first pairing, this might be a good place for Derek Forbort to be broken in.

#7 Alec Martinez, given the depth of the organization, will likely move on to greener pastures where he'll get more ice time. Greene will be the grizzled vet at 34, so a young puck mover like Thomas Hickey or Nicolas Deslauriers might see some time here with him.

#8 Tim Leiweke all but said that Quick will be getting a hefty contract in July. Bernier has wanted to be a starter for a while now, and Kings fans are expecting to see him moved as soon as Quick gets his contract. So, there will have to be a goalie to play the backup role, and it'll likely be either Jones, Gibson, or Berube.

Again, all this is assuming that the empty slots aren't filled via trade or UFA. I was mainly remarking on which players would be the best fit to promote from within.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote