Thread: Confirmed with Link: Jamal Mayers re-signed to 1 yr extension
View Single Post
Old
05-27-2012, 05:41 PM
Pepe Silvia

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
I understand his numbers...his hits, his goals, his fights, but notice what I have been saying this entire time...I will say it one more time : DOWN THE STRETCH, THIS GUY DID NOTHING FOR US....he might have fought more early in the year, he certainly hit more early in the year, and I do remember him producing a bit early in the year, but from the all-star break on, I simply cannot remember much of anything he did.

The only thing that does stand out to me is after Torres crunched Hossa, I saw Bollig go right after Torres, but Mayers really hung back and just grabbed a Yote in the pile...I would have expected him to lead the charge against Mayers, but I guess I expected too much from him there as well...
if you understood his fights, hits, and offensive numbers throughout his career, then you wouldn't have brought it up in the first place. those numbers were fine last season. i don't understand how you can ***** about them. they are consistent with the rest of his career

and i agree he wore down, but that doesn't mean he will this season. again, his cap hit and one year deal do very little harm to the hawks, even if mayers has a bad season. there are better things to ***** about

and look what happened to bollig when he went after torres. got kicked out of the game right after. maybe mayers was being smart, taking a number, and waiting to go after him when the time is right

Last edited by Majik1987: 05-27-2012 at 09:34 PM. Reason: qe and response
Pepe Silvia is offline   Reply With Quote