Thread: Prospect Info: Next years prospects
View Single Post
Old
05-27-2012, 05:44 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I'm not sure that's really the definition of a real first line though. My point is most teams don't have a "true" first line. Honestly I'm fine with us not having 3 first line guys on the team and more concerned about us having 6 legitimate top 6 players.
I don't think we're that far apart--the problem the team seems to have is that every time it appears the missing piece has been found (moving Hagelin to the first line--where he clicked with Richards and Gabby or earlier in the season when Arty moved to wing and clicked with Stapan and Gabby), it opened up another hole. Perhaps having Krieder for the season will fill that hole, but it's also possible that having him in him in the top six moves Hagelin down to the third line--which is probably where he belongs.

In the end, it seems to boil down to the fact that the Rangers have too many holes in their top 9 forwards--there are too many marginal third liners, who sometimes end up playing on the top six because there is/are holes in the top six. The bottom line is the Rangers have found a system that works for the players they have, but in the end there just isn't enough skill to take them much further than they got this year. Something has to change and I'm sure Sather feels the same way. We'll just have to wait and see how drastic it will be.

Brooklyn Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote