Old
05-27-2012, 07:40 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by justheducks View Post
yeah for 2 out of 6 years? Give me a break! RC would not play any young player and IF they got a chance it was 4 minutes a game on the 4th line or as the 7th Dman and then he used the "he needs more playing time so we are going to send him to the AHL and see what he can do" and then you wouldn't see them back.
I would love to see your "list" of young players that benefited drastically under RC...
Getzlaf
Perry
Ryan
Kunitz
Beauchemin
Fowler
Huskins

...just to name a few. Carlyle had great success with young players. That is, young players that are legit NHL players. I don't understand the claim from people that Boudreau will, in any way, be better for our young players. Where is the evidence of that? I'm actually a little concerned, after seeing how differently Fowler was playing under Carlyle and Gordon vs. Boudreau. It's a small sample size, but there was a definite loss in effectiveness from Fowler under Boudreau.

Boudreau has more to prove to me, in that regards, than Carlyle. In my opinion, Carlyle has proven he can get results from the youth. I think there are other things Carlyle needs to show moving ahead in his career, such as being able to find new ways to get his team to win hockey games with different rosters. But developing youth, and getting them on the right path to being effective NHL players? I would feel completely comfortable with Carlyle handling our best young players, because he's done a great job of it in the past.