View Single Post
Old
05-27-2012, 07:53 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Clam and Tomato

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
Lecavalier put up 60+ points in his 2nd season. It didn't take him 6+ seasons to "break out".
"Break out" is a relative term. Staal's been good for 49 points ever since he was 20, and we're talking about a regular 10-15 point jump from there.

Quote:
For Doan, Bertuzzi, and the Sedins, their increase in production wasn't because they "broke out", but were simply given more icetime to produce. Going from 11-12 minutes to 16 minutes or 16 minutes to 20+.
I wonder why they got more minutes. You suppose they got it just because they aged?

Quote:
That doesn't apply to Staal, because he's already being given 20 minutes a night and won't be given much more than that when Crosby/Malkin are playing. So expecting a "break out" similar to those players is expecting the impossible.
I don't expect a breakout. It's happened.

It's just a matter of continuing it beyond the 117 games he's done it over the past 2 seasons.

Quote:
So you're left with Marleau and Thornton, both who had much more success before their "break out" 6th season than Staal has had.
Completely irrelevant. I'm not arguing that Staal will score like Thornton or even Marleau. I'm arguing that he can continue to produce at a 60-65 point pace.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is online now   Reply With Quote