View Single Post
Old
05-27-2012, 08:24 PM
cyris
On a Soma Holiday

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
Anyone who knows what situation the Ducks were in when that trade was made knows that Lupul was not the asset. Burke is not the devil to me. I really doubt he is the one doing the tampering if it is being done.
That wont stop half this board from accusing him of it if the Leafs sign Schultz. For years after people will complain about him being caught tampering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
I'm not saying I dont think ANY tampering is going on. I just think it is probably Gardiner rather then Burke. Yes players can be charged with tampering also. They cant recruit players that are not UFAs.
Do you have any link to back this up? As far as I know there are no rules against 2 players talking about playing together or having 1 of them sign with the other when he becomes a UFA.
Now if Gards was doing it on behalf of management with assurances that the Leafs would offer him a contract that would be different but that is unlikely. It is well publicized that the leafs tried to trade for Schultz, he should know we are interested in acquiring him leaving no reason to go the back channel route to tell him that.

cyris is online now   Reply With Quote