View Single Post
Old
05-28-2012, 12:27 AM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Yes, I also know he got sheltered minutes on defense playing with Perry and Getzlaf and was a distant 6th for PK time amongst the defensemen. Like I said, he was still an offensive weapon but his defense was questionable, and he was abysmal in the playoffs. Almost half his points were off the PP to boot. His points also dropped to 39 points from 52 the year before - he was already breaking down.

Regardless, the point still stands that it isn't the worst thing in the world to have a skilled PMD on the third pairing, especially if they want to roll 3 scoring lines. It just makes it more important that the other guy can be physical.
Fair enough. And yes, I agree it's not the worst thing, although on this team, I'm not sure we want or need it right now. As the defense stands right now, it'd probably be in our best interests for it to by Lydman and a physical guy(Clark) while Vatanen gets some seasoning in the AHL. If we make a move, maybe we do things a little differently, although if Visnovsky stays, it might be a good idea to go with two defensive guys to go along with Beauch and Sbisa.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote