Old
05-28-2012, 12:45 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromeo87 View Post
Like I mentioned earlier, Pens shouldn't expect to fill all of their team needs by trading J.Staal. He's a good talent that could walk with getting anything in return for him. I get not needing another offensive dman. Subsitute him for Harrison. Cheap and very reliable dman (I'm sure plenty of Pens fans are going to freak out because they don't recognize who he is..).

And yeah, Pens need a RH shot, but to say no to Jokinen because he's a lefty is dumb. The guy would be playing on your first line.. Why do you guys think all of your team needs need to be filled through trading J.Staal? There is free agency.. Parenteau, Whitney..

Sullivan and Asham are off the books as of right now, right? And Cooke and Dupuis have one more year left, right? There are going to be holes and opportunities to get that RH hander. Jokinen IS a good player who WOULD improve this team..
Pens fans don't expect to fill all of their team needs by trading Staal, but they certainly expect to fill some of them, which your offer does not do.

People aren't turning Jokinen down just because he's a lefty, they're turning him down because he isn't a fit for DB's system. You need to get this through your head, that isn't a slight on Jokinen, that's how DB's teams play. Plenty of talented wingers have come and gone poorly here, they aren't poor players, they just don't fit in here.

Nobody is saying Jokinen isn't a good player so you don't need to be trying to tell people otherwise. Your offer doesn't satisfy what the Pens would want, time for you to get over that.

Morozov is offline   Reply With Quote