Thread: Speculation: Jordan Staal V
View Single Post
Old
05-28-2012, 10:15 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormCast View Post
Never said he was in the AHL this season. What are you rambling on about? I wrote in "his last season" not last season. Holy smoke.

Oh I see, I know what kind of system Pitt runs while you have no clue about Carolina's or Sutter, yet I'm the one without credibility. Classic. Simple question for you. Was Jordan Staal, even with his increased role, the primary match-up against opponents' top lines?

Again still waiting? You are projecting a player's future in a shutdown role who hasn't proven himself in the NHL vs. a guy who not only has but in a very similar system. Apple. Orange. Plus when you examine only Sutter's point production while excusing Staal's on the 3rd line due to mitigating circumstances, that is hypocritical. Do yourself a favor - read, think and then post
You said "last season" in the A. Don't try to twist things. You also rambled on about him being a scoring center when he has never played that role in the A or NHL. You rambled on about Staal still playing a checking line role, when he has not done that since 2010. Again, you are trying to make things up to save face, nothing more.

I don't have to know or understand Carolina's system. I am comparing point production, which is all I was concerned with. Other players have handled the checking line role just fine for the Pens while Staal has been placed in a scoring role.

If Staal is traded, his point production needs replaced, not his checking line duties, which he hasn't performed in nearly two seasons. It isn't a difficult concept to grasp. You just continue to rant on about Sutter and how I undervalued him. You keep missing the point, but don't let that stop you from talking him up...

And again, you are still going in circles. You made a definitive statement that Jeffrey will never be a consistent scorer or shutdown pivot. Yet you clearly don't even know what league or role he has been playing in. But you are somehow an expert on Jeffrey's potential?

The smell of hypocrisy is emanating from your posts and you continue to type out any nonsense you can to avoid having to man up about it.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote