View Single Post
Old
05-28-2012, 03:21 PM
TJD

vCash: 500
I started out wearing a shield and was on the receiving end of plenty of fat lips and stitches (never lost teeth luckily). After watching buddies get their teeth knocked out finally enough was enough.

At 22 I decided I didn't need to wear a visor anymore. While it may be less distracting than a cage and might look more "cool", it all came down to what was more important. Wearing a cage and working though the visibility issues, or potentially one day having to fork over a few grand to fix my mouth with surgery.

It doesn't matter who they are or what they have on, guys will get their sticks up. Does one have a tendency of getting their stick up more? Maybe. But that's the risk you take for wearing the visor/no cage.

Either you can put your face in other peoples hands (no pun necessary. i.e. Visor) or you can keep the expenses down for yourself (cage).

You know what can happen and the risks you are taking, so nobody feels bad for you when you complain about some "noob cage wearer not controlling his stick" over the internet. Either accept that life isn't perfect and things like this WILL happen, or toss on a cage and enjoy the game for what it is (wearing a visor isn't it).