View Single Post
Old
05-28-2012, 04:35 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Honestly, read it again, and you find that Gill found the nicest way to bash his coach and call him to be past his time. Again, he wasn't an awful coach, far from it. But for some, it sounds like he'd still be the #1 candidate, which makes no sense. So you move on from the ancient regime, and hire....Jacques Martin. Yeah, makes sense.
If Martin didn't already have a shot with us, he would be a top candidate, why wouldn't he be? We're going a new direction and we just fired him. Only normal he shouldn't return.

I actually didn't get the impression he was trying to resist bashing Martin. I got the impression he was just going with the flow and more of a "yah now that spacek brings it up, I guess I agree with him" type of way. Maybe it's just me, but I found it a major contrast to how he explained Gauthier and the 15 min off the record conversation.

I don't disagree that habs need new voice or anything like that, but I think Martin did fairly well with our group that was assembled in a summer.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote