Old
05-28-2012, 08:55 PM
Ogelthorpe
Who do you play for?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimalist View Post
I disagree.

The thing with the top 6 wing position is that the 2 best players in the world are centering those lines. Crosby and Malkin can turn almost any player into a 25+ goal scorer. Offensive output isn't really at the forefront of Pittsburgh's problems. While admittedly their wingers leave something to be desired, that is the whole point behind having nearly 20m at 1 and 2c. You can plug around them and still be outstanding.

Where I see a big need for Pitt is a LH dman for the top 4 who can QB the 2nd unit PP, that has good puck moving skills and can show a serious physical presence.

It would allow Pitt to spread out a little more on the PP, and have 2 outstanding units. Not to mention everything Edler bring in terms of puck moving, puck possession, physicality and 5 on 5 play.

Edit: I dont see D as an organizational strength, with all due respect. I see Pitt as being logjammed with up and coming bottom pairing Dmen.
You are obviously not looking very hard. Morrow, Despres, Harrington all are more than bottom pair guys.

Ogelthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote