Thread: Is it to late?
View Single Post
Old
03-29-2006, 04:23 AM
Qui Gon Dave

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix
Hey, does anyone have any advice for practising in a small backyard with no rollerblades?! I'm not gonna be able to get any anytime soon, and I dont even really like em that much.
If you have any flat area of ground nearby, you should be able to practice some stickhandling either in shoes or skates (although its best to use a shorter stick when practicing in shoes than you would use wearing skates).

Here is a site with some sample videos for training on and off the rink.

Here is another site with good stickhandling videos

I'm not entirely sure what specific (if any) areas you'd want to work on, but if you can get a basic grasp of stickhandling, particularly without looking down at the puck or ball the whole time, you will find making plays becomes easier as you will be confident in your control and with your head up, you can see what is going on around you. The other main area i'd suggest you work on would be skating, but by the sounds of it, thats something you wont be able to do in your backyard.

As for living in a country where hockey isn't big, i know all about that. All i can say is I am extremely glad of the internet If there is any specific info you want regarding anything hockey related, just ask and someone around here will be able to help you. Good luck with getting playing, hope you have as much fun as i have since i started playing.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote