View Single Post
Old
05-29-2012, 02:34 AM
Inflict
Viking

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebendan View Post
Jets are ranked 25th in the latest rankings. Article here: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...ng-2012-21-30/

They say the Jets only top-end offensive prospect is Scheifele, with Telegin a possibility. Also, other than Postma and Redmond, need more offensive defencemen (although could O'Neill be a possibility?).
I am glad the Jets are moving in the right direction. The 2011 spring rankings had us in 29th place while the 2011 fall rankings had us in 28th. Part of the increase of course is due to some teams graduating their prospects, but no team has gained ground over us either. I attribute the increase to the development of our prospects in St.John's this year. A lot of players had breakout years and showed that True North is on the right track. I am particularity interested in John Albert and Pasquale. I think both players could make the team next year but they would also be better served to play an extra year with more responsibility.

As far as scoring defencemen, I think we will address this in the upcoming draft as there are a lot of good two-way defenders in the first round. The article was also accurate in pointing out that we do not have many top-six forwards. I do not see this changing in the upcoming draft unless we make some deals.

Inflict is offline   Reply With Quote