View Single Post
Old
05-29-2012, 08:26 AM
Chootoi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsdaleYote View Post
What a game! Gormley's Shawinigan's team wins in OT 2-1. Zlobin scored both goals. He scored a ton for them this year, but I don't see him anywhere on the draft prospect list. What gives?

Athanasiou really impresseed me both times I watch him play, but only grades out as a mid 2nd rounder. I'd love to nab him if we trade down from the 27th spot.
I've always found Zlobin to be a very average all around player. Sure he potted 40 goals this season, but he's also got a lot of great talent feeding him the puck. You look at a guy like Kabanov on the same team and you can see the NHL potential and explosiveness to his game. Every once in awhile he'll bring you right out of your seat. To me Zlobin doesn't have that. Doesn't really have the speed to be a top 2 line player in the NHL, doesn't have the defensive awareness to be on the bottom 6 or kill penalties, so where does that leave him? He can finish but in today's NHL you have to be able to do more than that. I don't see Zlobin having the all around game needed to make it. He already went undrafted last year. I've been wrong many many times before though

All that said he had a great Memorial Cup and that alone will probably get him picked in the 4th round or so.