View Single Post
Old
05-29-2012, 10:08 AM
jskramer83

vCash: 800
At First I was thinking here we go again with this lack of depth garbage. But when reading the thread title again, I think it is a great point.

When you look at our Depth, and the fact that it right now is relying heavily on our young players improving each year, and reaching their potential, you can in fact say the depth is based on an illusion since we are unsure how our players will fully develope.

If our young forwards like Stepan, Kreider, Anisimov, and Hagelin, don't improve as they gather more experience then we will not have depth. The Upside though if they do improve each year, and reach their potential, this will be one of the deepest teams in the NHL for a long time.

The question is, as a Ranger fan are you wiling to wait to give our young players a chance to grow? Or do you want to try and trade them now while their stock is high, and we can probably get some old vets to fill out our depth?

Personally I'll take the first option any day, since we have witnessed first hand how disastrous option 2 could be, and I like the idea of allowing players to develop, as well as give them time to gel as a team.

jskramer83 is offline   Reply With Quote