View Single Post
Old
05-29-2012, 11:56 AM
Ottomatic

vCash: 500
I don't think there is any chance Posa is moved - He's the last link to the Mem Cup team. He's a solid enough, unspectacular defenceman and a solid lockerroom guy to the point he's mentioned by the Spits brass as a potential 2012-2013 captain. Being a late round pick and making the team shows he has the work ethic and is a good example for other camp players that anybody can make the team with hard work.

I don't think the difference in return would be all that much. We'd be looking at a 5th/6th round for either sorta deal.

I think we have four of our six spots locked down - Sieloff, Ebert, Bateman and Posa. The other two spots are legit up for grabs come the camp - Braithwaite, Devlin, Bowen, Sanvido, Brown, McNaughton fighting for the last two spots. Bowen is staying in Windsor this off-season to work with Garland and work on his skating - we know he's putting in the work so it will be up to the others to work as hard to stay ahead of him in the pecking order.

If I was to bet I think we keep Braithwaite and Bowen/Sanvido as our last pairing. Braithwaite would be better to pair with inexperienced Bowen and 16 yr old rookie Sanvido who would split playing time depending on the opposition. I see Devlin traded this off-season or during camp.

Last edited by Ottomatic: 05-29-2012 at 12:03 PM.