View Single Post
Old
05-29-2012, 01:09 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
You bring up a good point, and its a point I was going to make in reference to Graves94's post about Kreider. How can anyone argue against Kreider being an offensively gifted player? I just dont think he will be a consistent 30 goal threat for a few years. I can already envision the uproar on this board when Kreider's ice time is cut while he learns the defensive side of the game which, at times during the playoffs, was horrific. But hes young and thats to be expected as part of the process.

With that said, the current makeup of this team has a window to worry about. If it takes Kreider a couple of years to find his footing as a consistent and dependable goal scorer, that leaves us with a 35 year old Richards, Gaborik gone, and more milage on Lundqvist.

It gets complicated with the lockout coming up, but its crystal clear that this team is going to need to trade for or sign another legitimate top line winger that can put the puck in the net. And its going to need to happen sooner rather than later.
yep. but, i think the team woudl be MUCH better off trading for a guy like Nash w/o giving up Kreider, or just going out and signing Parise, than trading kreider.

I get that Kreider is a few years away, but hes a good prospect, and you need cheaper young guys to fill in around the expensive guys, otherwise you become the Atlanta Thrashers when they had a few great players and NOTHING else.

My preference would be...

1)Trade for Nash
2)Trade for Evander Kane
3)Trade for Bobby Ryan
4)Sign Zach Parise and trade Dubi for a good pick
5)Trade for Iginla

In that order.

If you cant do any of those 5 at prices that are acceptable, then i go into next season with the team pretty much as is, and incorporate more youth into the club.

I think Nash is criminally underrated around here. His salary is ridiculous, but the guy is a monster. His numbers aren't tough to figure out, he's got ZERO help.

I'm a HUGE Evander Kane fan. I think he's going to put up very similar numbers to Iginla. He's probably the least likely move of all of them. Kid is a stud, Winnipeg woudl be idiots to trade him.

Bobby Ryan probably isnt going to be traded, but id take a look anyway.

Zach Parise could definitely be had, but I think it will take a monster contract...something similar to Nash in terms of numbers, with MUCH longer term.

Iginla is going to be the real interesting one. Guy is still a 35/35 guy despite his age, and has some good solid years left in him. I think that may be the most likely move since the Flames are likely heading for a rebuild and he only has 3 or 4 good years left in him AT MOST.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote