View Single Post
Old
05-29-2012, 12:24 PM
rangerfan_79

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to rangerfan_79
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Dave Maloney is a funny guy. This time last year he didn't feel the Rangers would go after Richards and give him that type of money. He pointed to all of the players the Rangers had to re-sign last summer but the cap was going up for 11-12. The CBA expires in September and the Rangers more than 1/2 the team up for contracts in the new few summers with the prospect the cap more likely to remain flat or go down than up especially if there is a lockout and games are missed. Parise is not coming here. Nash will cost too much in assets and then you're going to worry about how he will respond to the pressure of the playoffs.
Keep in mind Dave Maloney was the captain of the '79 Rangers when they made their run. Every time someone refers to Messier as 'The Captain' must not sit well with him. I have been a fan of the team long enough to see the run in '79.

He is the absolute anti-homer announcer/analyst when it comes to the Rangers. I like Dave but he almost never paints the Rangers in a good light. The guy wears his emotions on his sleeve. I still remember him trying to break his stick over his own cross bar but instead slashing Davidson's leg, injuring him.

rangerfan_79 is offline   Reply With Quote