View Single Post
Old
05-29-2012, 01:11 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sina220 View Post
Turning those dmen into wingers is fine and dandy but trading for wingers on expensive deals, or who will need them like Neal, is what has necessitated so much roster turnover the past few off seasons.

Noone can deny there'd be no talk of trading Staal if Neal wasn't making 5 mil now. But weve basically got to choose one or the other. If you had an entry level guy who could've replaced kunitz or sully then we could've kept a Rupp or a talbot or maybe both. 2 players who now appeared to be fairly critical appeared to our playoff performance.

The point isn't that Shero made bad deals or managed assets badly. The point is if he drafted better early on in his tenure and focused a bit more on supplementing his teams strength, the centers, word probably have more assets to use and supplement the team with.

I mean can anyone honestly say wed be at a major loss in our prospect pool if highish picks on guys like veilleux, sneep, strait, samuelsson, etc were were used solely on wingers? I doubt it considering none of those guys are standout prospects.
I think I missed the memo where you can only trade young blueliners for fwds who have expensive deals. The Pens most NHL ready fwd came via trading Whitney.

Rundblad was turned into not one, but two talented young fwds for his last two respective teams.

People flipped when CP took GoGo... There was Whitney, Welch, Scuderi, Fata, Nemec and Fernholm all in the pipeline and all of them seemed promising. Why the **** did he waste a pick on ths little midget out of HS? MFERBBQ!

Should I mention again all of the crying when Despres and Morrow were taken?

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote