View Single Post
Old
05-29-2012, 01:24 PM
beth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccas View Post
Well its been a little while since I checked in here!
I've just spent the last couple of days in Belfast playing some puck against the NI Tridents and watching some field hockey (Pretty girls with Irish accents wearing short skirts= Heaven!).
Maccas~ That looks like a great time!! I bet you had a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trl3789 View Post
I'm looking to get my first pair of pants, but after trying (CCM 09's) them on, I'm literally stuck between two sizes (LG and XL). I do plan on losing some weight, but it probably won't be a ton. Any suggestions?
I would err on the side of bigger, or at least go by the length - make sure they are going to overlap with your shins and not leave a gap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
I need some help learning how to stop boys. I started to learn it a few weeks ago but since then i focused more on edgework and crossovers so i essentially forgot everything i learned a few weeks ago. Any help would be great.
I always tell people instead of stopping, try to slide sideways without stopping. Because people tend to try and dig in too much when they are learning. But if your mindset is to slide rather than stop, then you might find that you're stopping anyway. Just something to try!

I've been dropping in to an adult clinic the past couple of fridays. The instructor has a lot of funky little skating drills that I've never done before, so it's been fun. Some as simple as dropping to alternating knees and getting back up. Sure, I've done that drill tons of times, but nobody has ever made me do it while skating backwards! You all should try that!

My summer league starts tonight with my new team. Can't wait!!

beth is offline   Reply With Quote