View Single Post
Old
05-29-2012, 04:03 PM
Jaded-Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
I'm on record as saying this org hasn't shown me they can both draft and develop top six talent.

So I say go with your strengths; drafting and developing blueliners. Build the best and deepest farm in the league of blueliners and use those assets to land impact fwds.

There is a lot of talk on here how great the Flyers are at developing fwds, but their blueline farm is absolutely atrocious. I rank the Pens top 5 blueliners as:

Morrow
Despres
Bortuzzo
Harrington
Strait

I wouldn't trade my bottom guy, Strait, for any blueliner on the Flyers farm. They literally don't have one blueliner I would project as a top 4.

All about perspective.
I was one of the ones screaming loudest, not so much the Morrow pick but when they went defense again round two. This year, I will have no problem at all if they do the same thing all over again if the draft falls as it did last year. I do not think that Shero has an aversion to drafting forwards, he did draft Esposito and Bennett. But he also has a record with drafting defense that has earned him a pass on any future moves. They are much stronger chips in the system than some random offensive player would have been. And are far more valuable now than they were when drafted.

Even given the benefit of hindsight, who would the Pens have drafted other than Morrow or Harrington that would have been better picks?

Jaded-Fan is online now   Reply With Quote