View Single Post
Old
05-29-2012, 09:01 PM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post

If you're not going to take rational discussion seriously, then I have no reason to have it with you. Point is that despite similar contracts and despite both being struggling forwards coming off injuries, their value is not equal by market standards.
You're being a bit sensitive.

Of course Lupul didn't produce at the same rate at the same age in Philly--he didn't play here at the same age. His 22 year-old season in Anaheim (28 goals, 25 assists, 53 points) was better than anything JVR has done here, so to suggest that age alone explains the production gap seems a bit suspect.

Regardless, I think a reasonable argument can be made that they have approximately similar values--JVR perhaps has more potential, Lupul had a superior track record. The key point, I guess, is that Sbisa was a far better prospect than Gus is now, and Weber will probably cost more than Pronger did then.

Trust me, if we can persuade Nashville to take JVR, Gustaffson, and a pair of late 1sts for Weber, I'd be thrilled. I just don't see it happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
jeh82...it's Lupul dude, come on. Get the kid's name right at least lol.

Oops.

At least I was consistent in misspelling the guy's name? I have some posts to edit...

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote