View Single Post
Old
05-29-2012, 10:40 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post
Is there a mic'd up for the last round against the Rags?
There was, but it's not up yet I don't think. Don't know when it will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
"Jacques Lemaire helped him with that when Kovalchuk got to New Jersey, but he regressed under John MacLean. The two would clash, and it once led to MacLean leaving Kovalchuk out of the lineup."

If that's true, no wonder they did so poorly with maclean.
He was an incompetent idiot of a coach, and each win, and accomplishment this team makes my shred of respect for him as a coach dissolves into almost nothing. He was the WORST coach I've EVER seen in the NHL. Any team that turns around into a championship caliber team within 2 weeks of a coaches dismissal means that coach sucks. Especially when we won the division the year before, and are in the cup finals the year after. And that's how we played a few weeks after he was gone. EXACTLY how we played. Like a championship team last year especially after Langenbrunner left, and got on the plane. I never wanna see him in Jersey coaching again. Let's be serious he wasn't that good of an assistant coach either. Our PP sucked for years with him. I will cheer for him if they honor the 95 cup team, and loved him as a player, but his incompetency coaching us has soured me with him. We're in the finals now so I forgive him, but damn was he an idiot.