View Single Post
Old
05-30-2012, 03:02 AM
1Knee1T
OHH MAMMA DONT U CRY

vCash: 500
Here is mine from tonight.

In the semi-finals, the game is tied at 3 with a little over 2 minutes left. One of our players is carrying the puck out of our zone for a 2-on-2, I'm the player with him. One of their guys makes a bad read and misses a poke check, my teammate goes by him, it's a 2-on-1. He slowed down a bit and I drove as fast as I could to the net to open up a passing lane that the other dman was trying to fill. My teammate gives me a great pass, I'm behind the dman and driving the net. He gets his stick in my skates about 3 feet from the crease and takes me down; as I'm going down I managed to push the puck towards the net just so there was be a slight chance that it would go in. It went about 10 MPH and slid along the ice.

The ref comes over with his arm up and only calls the trip, not a penalty shot. He said that because I was able to put the puck on net I wasn't denied a good scoring chance. They killed the penalty, overtime was scoreless, and they won in a shootout. I was the 4th shooter but our first three guys were all stopped.

I seriously think I would have scored too. In the shootout the goalie "faked" a pokecheck by dropping his stick in his blocker all the way down to the knob WAY too early on the first two shooters, but they both went in with a set move and missed. I always skate in and see whats given to me before I even look to make a deke. If he tried that on me during the penalty shot there is no way that he would have been able to lift his blocker back up quick enough if I took a snapshot up high.

Feels bad man.