View Single Post
Old
05-30-2012, 08:29 AM
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Wow a SCF game. It's probably the norm for Devils fans now. I would be sick to my stomach right now.
I was physically ill last series. The whole way through. It probably took years off my life.

This series, this feels like gravy right now. Not nearly as nervous, just pumped. Of course I want them to win, but losing this series actually wouldn't hurt nearly as much as losing the previous series would have.

I don't think you ever get used to this. I wasn't old enough to vividly remember 1995, but the following Cups, well there certainly was an expectation for those teams to go deep and win. There was more nervousness then. This team was predicted by most to miss the playoffs or barely sneak in. I personally didn't think they had a chance to win even a single round in the playoffs. This is just like a dream now. A magical run that wouldn't be spoiled by a SCFs loss. Winning the Cup would be absolutely amazing, but I'm damn proud of this team right now, and I'll still be proud regardless of the outcome of this series.