View Single Post
Old
05-30-2012, 08:36 AM
Eyelanders

vCash: 500
I decided to do little scouting reports on some of the 2013 eligible prospects that I saw playing during the 2011-12 season. I saw some other players as well, but I don´t want to comment on them yet, since I have seen these players more.

Aleksander Barkov, Center, Tappara (6´2/205)

A center with excellent hockey sense, Barkov is the top Finnish Prospect for the 2013 NHL Draft. He is very patient with the puck and is a top notch offensive player. He is also good defensively for his age. He will need to develop his skating, which is not greatest, but his superb offensive ability, along with his size, should make him a high pick.

Rasmus Ristolainen, Defenseman, TPS (6´3/203)

Ristolainen, a very good skater who moves the puck quickly, is another very promising Finnish prospect. His passing is excellent and he can also create a lot at offense. He can be physical too in the defensive zone. He could work on his consistency going into next season.

Mikke Levo, Defenseman, Ilves (5´11/157)

Levo is a smooth skating defenseman who has a lot of smarts. He is not a physical defenseman, but his positioining in the defensive zone is pretty solid. His puck moving ability has to be one of his best attributes. He needs to get bigger and stronger in order to be better in the physical side of the game.

Ville Husso, Goaltender, HIFK (6´2/183)

Husso is very likely the best 1995 born goaltender in Finland along with Kevin Lankinen. Husso is big and moves very well. He communicates well and has the ability to make the big save. He was the best goalie in the Junior A playoffs this year.

Aleksi Ainali, Center, HIFK (5´10/187)

Ainali is a strong forward who likes to have the puck on his stick. He is a two-way center who has a good shot. He is not the fastest forward, yet he gets the job done well at both ends of the ice. Next year he should play in the Junior A a lot and could be a pretty productive player.

Kasperi Ojantakanen, Forward, Jokerit (5´10/154)

Ojantakanen is a fast skater who has the ability to shoot from difficult spots and can still score goals. His passing game is on a good level, which makes him an even dangerous player in the offensive zone.

Santeri Saari, Defenseman, Jokerit (6´3/198)

Saari is a big defenseman who is not an easy defenseman to play against; he hits very hard and has good positioining. His overall skill level is pretty good and he gives a good first pass out of the defensive zone. He plays a pretty simple game, but he has showed some offensive upside as well.

Aleksi Mustonen, Center, Jokerit (5´8/148)

Here is a quick skater and skillfull offensive player in Mustonen. He has good vision and has been able to help his team to score on the powerplay. He has some two-way potential, but whether he will be drafted depends much if he can improve his already good point production and become stronger.