View Single Post
Old
05-30-2012, 08:45 AM
dereksutton9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
However WR is basically handcuffed waiting for the Khokhlachev drama to play out because if he's coming back we need to move Pavelka, but if he's going to play in Moscow then we'd be able to keep Pav.
Although there is a lot of truth to these comments, I think the key to solving this puzzle will be NHL Draft weekend. I've always believed that Rychel uses that weekend to get intel on who'll report in terms of imports and designs his draft plans accordingly.

The fact Koko's father is the GM of the KHL team certainly creates a huge twist. It almost seems like a conflict of interest but definitely a highly effective tactic. Koko should not see a playing time issue in going to the KHL either. Even if Boston signs Koko, why wouldn't he still play in Russia if he gets the okay from the Bruins and doubles up his payday?

I'd rather see the Spits keep Pavelka regardless. Flopping for another goalie just seems like a waste of assets and a risk. Better the devil you know than the devil you don't. In terms of the path he took, Pav would be a nice mentor on work ethic and character for Dekort. Plus with Pavelka not likely back for an OA year, you set yourself up for an import in 2013.