Thread: Prospect Info: any info on Hishons Health?
View Single Post
Old
05-30-2012, 10:07 AM
foppagirl21

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Jones View Post
Dater doesn't do any work because nobody at the post really cares. There's a reason they have let a bum be the team beat writer for forever. I suspect they are happy with just having a warm body covering the team, and I'm sure Dater is a good soldier for the paper.
There really is no outside "demand" for good Avalanche writing in Denver, to be honest. Coverage of the sports teams (outside of the Broncos) is dependent on the success the team is having. Back in the day the Avalanche were covered very well. Think about the Nuggets or heck, Rockies (minus the Blake Street Bombers era), for that matter during the Avs' hay-day. Both teams were poorly covered. Now flip it- the Nuggets were the "hot ticket" team for the past few seasons and the Avalanche trailed off on the ice. Coverage switched. Until the Avalanche start WINNING, coverage will be poor. The Denver fans are not the only ones guilty of bandwagoning.

It sucks and it is stupid, but it is pretty clear that is what is going on. ...not to mention written news is quickly dying. Quality of journalism is going down the tube at a breakneck pace all over the globe.

As for Hishon, the Avalanche are tight-lipped when it comes to injuries, contracts, etc. It doesn't surprise me Dater (or anyone else for that matter) has no extra information concerning Joey.

foppagirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote