Thread: Equipment: What's Your Current Gear?
View Single Post
Old
05-30-2012, 10:16 AM
TUCKER 06

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkers* View Post
Wouldn't those 3 changes revert it back to the Elite model? I'm not big on the lock thumb features of the pro. I'm using the pro now but I wish I went the elite instead and gotten 2 for the price of 1 glove.
It sits somewhere in between the Elite and the Pro. Source for Sports will take a model, like the 4 Roll Pro, and say to Bauer "we think we will sell a bunch of these if you change out this, this, and this from the Elite" which helps bring the gloves to a new price point and then they put their own model name on it, the Matrix.

If you look at the link I sent you and compare it to the 4 Roll Elite listed on the HockeyMonkey, you'll see that the "Matrix" has the ventilation on the backroll whereas the elite doesn't seem to. Also, you'll see that the Bauer logo is stitched into the cuff on the matrix and screen printed (or something else) onto the cuff of the Elite. The thumb on the matrix is the Free-Flex and the thumb on the Elite is the "Ergo-Thumb"

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/bauer-hockey-gloves-elite-4-roll-sr-2011.html

Same thing with my Bauer Vapor skates. I bought them from Source for Sports as well and they are classified as Bauer Vapor X: Velocity LOL. Sounds dumb, but it's really the X4.0 with a bunch of features from the X5.0, such as the inner liner, outsole, and the Lightspeed 2 holder.

Last edited by TUCKER 06: 05-30-2012 at 10:34 AM.
TUCKER 06 is offline   Reply With Quote