View Single Post
Old
05-30-2012, 11:55 AM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

vCash: 500
Off-Season Trade Rumours and Speculation

I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread to discuss the various trade rumours circulating the OHL. Feel free to post your own proposals and ideas for discussion as well.

I'll start with the Bulls, who are looking to grow from playoff team to true contender in 2012/13. They could use more scoring punch on the wings (depending on the impact of recently signed RW Aaron Berisha), and I think they need a right-handed, two-way defenseman. I think another C to take some pressure off Gaunce would also be huge, Cramarossa is slotted as the 2nd line C right now IMO and he'd be a better fit as a #3 guy on a top team.

There are a few guys who I see as trade bait:

C/LW Michael Curtis - Good skater and PKer, offensive game yet to arrive
LW Scott Simmonds- Owner's son has been passed on depth chart by younger guys
C Dylan Corson- Solid checker but Hooey, Petti and Carnevale are valued higher
D Branden Morris- Possible OA didn't show enough to warrant spot IMO
G John Chartrand- OHL caliber goalie buried behind Subban and passed by Graham

There is also a rumour that RW Austen Brassard wants out, but Belleville would be smart to hold onto him unless a team overpays. With a lack of offense up front the Bulls can't afford to deal guys like Brassard without getting offense in return.

Who is on the move this off-season?What does your favourite OHL team need to move forward in 2012/13? Who do you see as trade bait from your current roster?

heusy_79 is online now   Reply With Quote