View Single Post
Old
05-30-2012, 11:46 AM
NYI78

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
On thing I noticed about Nilsson is, despite his size, he has really good reflexes, quite fast. Though my belief is Poulin will be the better goalie. I think this year he really brings it. We forget that last season, he was first coming back from a MAJOR knee injury. He had a tough first half in the AHL, but really was a major reason for the big winning streak late in the season, as well as getting the team into the playoffs. Nilsson was better than Poulin early in the season. Second half, Poulin was better. Probably because he was getting closer to being 100% healthy.
nilsson had the high ankle sprain towards the end of the year and they had to shut him down...poulin has clear flaws that he needs to work on to be a starting nhl goaltender..i'm not saying he isn't going to be good i just think if he doesn't fix those flaws as i have mentioned then he will not be a franchise goalie. Nilsson's potential is through the roof...his combination of technique and size is something that i havent seen in a while..also poulin was ahl goalie of the month in january and nilsson won it in feburary so he was just as good later in the season..

Last edited by NYI78: 05-30-2012 at 11:50 AM. Reason: spelling
NYI78 is offline   Reply With Quote