View Single Post
Old
05-30-2012, 12:32 PM
VanSciver

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
They'd laugh at more value than Mike Richards/Jeff Carter got?

They may want more, but they'd hardly laugh.
It's a figure of speech meant to illustrate how poor of a choice the inclusion of Gustafsson was in your offer. Gustafsson wouldn't have much value to Nashville. He is a decent NHL defenseman prospect at best. Other teams could easily beat that part of the offer. And Richards and Carter weren't elite superstar players. Weber is arguably the best player at his position in the NHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
Gustafsson is a nice young defenseman. But I doubt he would be the first 2 or 3 young players Nashville would ask for in a return to land Weber.
There are plenty of other teams who could blow the Flyers away if Nashville was looking for young defenseman in return plus high picks.
No question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Young defensemen Nashville can always get. Forwards is another story, and we have the market cornered on young forwards.

So maybe not Gustafsson; maybe Wellwood. Different player, same point.

That said, the idea of trading for both Weber and Suter has me intrigued.

Wellwood is as bad of a choice as Gustafsson is. So yea, the point is the same. You need to make a better offer if you want Weber. But I hope your right. I hope Nashville wants Gustafsson and Wellwood. Hell I'll throw both of them in there.

Last edited by TMI: 05-30-2012 at 01:25 PM. Reason: edited quote
VanSciver is offline   Reply With Quote