View Single Post
Old
03-29-2006, 05:35 PM
Nemchinov13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SML
I think both Mark Messier and the Rangers organ-i-zation would be better served if Messier went elsewhere. His presence is too big here. It is both a great blessing and a terrible curse. The Rangers are a much beeter team this year because they are a team, not one man. If Mess wants to coach, he should have to start at the bottom, just like every career coach did. Yes, he's done alot and had a career surpassed by very, very few, but it doesn't mean he can coach. Can you guys really picture Mess as an assistant in Hartford or Charlotte? Not me. He's big time, and not likely to take a back seat to anyone. I think on the Keenan scale of GM killers, Messier would be about an 11, with the scale being 1 for low and 5 for deadly. That's right, an 11.
Yeah, Mess should start with Junior teams first. See how he does there. Or an assistant at a minor league level, like Ulfie Samuelsson. But I agree with you, Scott, Messier does not seem to be a type of person that is going to take a back seat to anyone.