05-30-2012, 01:54 PM
NYRSchrute217

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
As Ed MacMahon used to say to Carson on the tonite show,
"
You Are Correct Sir."

It really is laughable at best when some of our fans fixate on Thomas potting 50+ in Jrs or St. Croix's production last year, etcetera and so on. They also think Del Zaster was a better pick than Carlson and Eberle or even Ennis and the Flyers lucked into Giroux because we picked the highly rated Bobby Sangs.

Really amusing, ain't it?
I think you're over exaggerating Del Zotto's poor play against NJ. He was bad, but his season was terrific. He is what he is. Developing into a 50 point defenseman who plays solid on the back end and has an occasional gaffe. For NYR's style, he's a better fit than Carlson. We have shutdown D in McDonagh, Girardi and Staal. Obviously Eberle would be awesome to have and he's already a star in this league, but the Del Zotto pick was more than fine with me.

Also, St. Croix looks like he has nice potential. Could be a late round pick with some upside. Those do exist, you know, like Carl Hagelin. I'd include him in a deal for a Ryan or Iginla or Nash, but don't be so quick to dismiss him. Kid looks like he can play.