View Single Post
Old
05-30-2012, 03:29 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
I was thinking maybe Howson agrees to Sather's final offer from the trade deadline. I think it was Dubinsky, Miller, Erixon, Thomas and a 1st
That's a ton of depth to give up. You've basically wiped out 3 of the 5 top prospects in the system with one trade, and also dealt away a pick that would help you replace that prospect depth.

It's a slippery slope. You need guys like Nash who can take over a game, but with big talent comes big salary. To counter that, you need kids on ELC's to make an impact. Dealing away 3 potential impact players for one proven one is a tough pill to swallow. While those three players may never be on the level that Nash is, the sum of their parts could be superior.

I suppose they could recoup those assets by trading Gaborik -- who would almost certainly be gone before his contract expired -- but you'll never get as much for Gaborik as you gave up in that Nash trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
I hope not.

Would be a colossal mistake to give up on him this early. Bad postseason, sure, but it was his 1st, and he's only 21. I hope Nash to NY fails. Don't want him AT ALL.
Like I said, I don't think they'll give up on him, but I guess I wouldn't be shocked if they did.