View Single Post
Old
05-30-2012, 04:05 PM
clayman

vCash: 500
Some of these are good reasons, but I really can't see chirping someone who has matching jersey and socks for pro teams. I have black gloves, pants and helmet but besides some practice jerseys have a Coyotes and Flyers jersey/socks combo with no logo, and a few others I've collected since the early 1970's, all with just my number.. My old game jerseys for teams I've played on with my name etc on stay in the closet. With jersey/socks combos I like they way they look and to me it's better then guys who try to look so much like they dont care, as in two different socks, different jersey and sometimes gloves that they look like morons! The guys who dress like there favorite player from head to toe and can't skate for ****, who frickin cares! They're doing what they love and if they can afford the cool stuff more power to them! With that said, would I? Not a chance, but I don't even wear a game jersey to pro games to represent. I'm pretty incognito and that's my taste.

I will admit some guys make me chuckle with there stuff but you can tell they're proud of it and themselves so who the heck am I to say I'm above it? I just smile and do what I do. In all my years playing as a kid to young adult, then as a player starting again at age 52 I have never been chirped. In fact when I joined this site I had never even heard the term and had to ask what the heck it was! lol..

Okay, one last thing before I climb off my soapbox... What's up with chirping someone for tying there laces around there ankles? Are you serious? lol.. Back when I started we did that as all skates were made of leather and it helped add to the rigidity. Chirpable??

One more one last thing... What's up with the huge debate about visors and cages? As a kid we only had helmets back in the day, nothing else. When I turned 18 I stopped wearing a helmet altogether. Hell, if it was good enough for Bobby Orr then why not! lol.. Now I choose to wear a cage, and really don't care what anyone thinks, I like my teeth and eyes where they are! lol..if someone wants to wear a bandana wrapped around they're face with a pasta strainer on there head, more power to them-it's there choice! Okay, that one might be chirpable!

clayman is offline   Reply With Quote