View Single Post
Old
05-30-2012, 06:41 PM
Hawksfly2gether

vCash: 500
its hilarious how so many people in this thread write off Oduya for his bad playoff. If you write him off for his playoff play then you have to praise frolik for his playoff performance, hopefully that comparison helps shed light on the fact that you can't judge a player on such a small sample size (6 games, against a team we struggled with all year).
I think/hope that him being a part of this team from the beginning of the season allows him to feel more comfortable on our team and with his role, instead of having to adapt on the fly and learn his new teammates tendencies. Not to say that I think this was a great deal for us, I personally would have liked to see us go after schultz.. seems like he MAY LIKELY be the next Doughty/Keith. How could you not want that?

Its no coincidence we went 12-2-3 with him in our lineup, especially missing toews and keith for a bit of that period. Which poses the question.. where would we have finished if we had oduya/another pmd in the line up over SOD/Scott/Montador? if you do the math we won 70% of the reg season games with him in the line up. that translates to 57 wins or so.. not too shabby

Hawksfly2gether is offline   Reply With Quote