View Single Post
Old
05-30-2012, 08:42 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Anton View Post
Kind of off topic, but is it offensive help or a different offensive system that the Rangers need (or maybe they are tied together)? The two Rangers games I watch here in Raleigh were by far the most boring games all season. Dump and chase, be physical, wait for the other team to make a mistake and take advantage of it. Even the Rangers fans who are typically a lot of fun when they are in the building were very quiet. Don't get me wrong, it worked for them and they were successful at it, but that style of play doesn't lend itself to a lot of scoring even if you add talent.

Just curious what your thoughts are.

Anyhow, I do agree with you on the other point. No reason for the Rangers to part way with Staal right now and it would cost the Canes too much to make it worth it for them to acquire him.
I think it's really a result of making do with what the team had at their disposal. We have some elite forwards in Gaborik and Richards, but the rest of the team is pretty green. I think what we have in NY is a team that is learning to play the right way, and they're going to grow from there. Get everyone on the same page defensively, and then when it's second nature, you ease up on the reins and let the offense bloom. Unfortunately, we're still a couple pieces shy of developing that kind of offense.

Our top-4 is great. Richards and Gaborik are legitimate first line players. Lundy is a beast. But we have a lot of "tweeners" in the sense that they haven't been in the NHL for very long, or they're simply not sure if they're scoring forward material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
my team?

Im a flyers fan.

I'm just pointing out how ridiculous it is to ask for skinner.
thats like asking for giroux
My apologies for assuming. However, my point still stands. I don't think Skinner is in the same category as Giroux quite yet. Certainly possible though.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote