View Single Post
Old
05-30-2012, 10:28 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
At best Nash is a slight upgrade of Gaborik--though you could just as well argue the opposite that Gaborik is a slight upgrade of Nash--and keeping in mind that Nash has 6 years left on his present contract as opposed to 2 for Gaborik and a few years down the road and we might be just as frustrated with him as we are at times with Gaborik. And so we throw in Dubinsky and a 1st as well?

If you have to do a deal with Nash and Gaborik as the principals--and let's leave Vancouver out of it altogether--they have a problem with Luongo--let them figure it out for themselves--Columbus gets Gaborik and Dubinsky and we get Nash and their 1st in 2013--since I can't see them giving up the No. 2 overall this year. Columbus adds 2 legit NHL forwards and we add one and a likely premier draft pick. Columbus gets more cap flexibility getting Gaborik for two years and we're tied up with Nash one way or another for 6.

Personally I don't see Columbus doing that--even if they were looking at it more realistically than they've shown so far--Dubinsky, McDonagh, Kreider, 1st's in 2012-2013 is really a ****ing joke. My proposal might not be altogether fair to them but it's a damn sight closer to even than Howson's proposal to us.

But really--why even bother. Rather keep Gaborik and Dubinsky. With only 2 years left on Gaborik--we can make other moves if that doesn't work out. At least we'll have options. Bring in Nash for Gaborik and it's more likely we won't have options.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote