View Single Post
Old
05-30-2012, 11:01 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Yea well I think you're looking too much at the stats. I'm one of Gaborik's biggest supporters but he's just not what he used to be. He used to be more explosive, he used to be able to create his opportunities, he used to be a difference maker on the ice. He has been relegated to a situational player, someone who positions himself well and takes advantage of his opportunities. Unfortunately, in the playoffs defenses' tighten up and it becomes increasingly harder to position yourself for the best opportunity to score. Gaborik is not physical enough to succeed at that type of game. That's why we saw him disappear in the playoffs.

Additionally, Gaborik is one of the most injury prone players in the league. All the offensive ability and previous stats do not mean much if he's not on the ice to produce them. Last year would be considered an outlier in his career as it was the first time he played in every game of the season.

That trade would be amazing, but I don't think the other teams accept it.
And in his whole career, Rick Nash has barely had a taste of the playoffs getting swept in the first round years back. What makes you think he would be any better than Gaborik was?

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote