View Single Post
05-31-2012, 02:52 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by hockeymass View Post
If you dress in all pro team gear and you don't play for a pro team, you look like a dork, end of story. Wearing matching gear doesn't look bad, I have an old jersey from a team I played for and some Blackhawks colors socks to match, but I would never suit up in a full set of Blackhawks gear because it would look ridiculous.

Some of the people that are complaining about chirping just don't understand what it is. It's not like you go around to anyone who has weird gear and just berate them constantly. It's something you rib your teammates about or use to needle an insufferable plug. If a guy is just having fun and he happens to be wearing chrome skates and a mirrored visor, you leave him alone, maybe chuckle to yourself. If he's being a total ******** about things, then you hassle him.

Case in point: I played public hockey with a dude that had the colored inserts for his Reebok helmet. He was crying about someone "slashing" his hand, so I asked him if he picked the colors on his helmet to match his purse. Simple, yet effective at conveying the message that he needs to shut the hell up.

About the cages: most people don't give a damn. It's usually the people who wear cages that think anything else is reckless and stupid. I personally don't care what a person chooses to wear to protect their face. I wear a visor because I like the visibility and freedom it offers.
I actually agree with most everything you said.. If someone's being a jerk then they deserve to be messed with, it's part of it. If they look funny, I just appreciate the comedic relief! It's all supposed to be about fun anyway! As far as the cages I like the idea behind mine but to each there own. Same thing in offroad motorcycle racing, some guys wear all the protective gear they can, and some don't. No right and no wrong. At the end of the day, we were all still racers.

As far as the matching socks and jerseys, I don't think that makes you a dork personally and if that's what some people think, who cares? lol.. Maybe full pro kit with logos and team gear is a bit much but I think that socks and jerseys look better if they match. I sure as heck wouldn't wear a full Coyotes kit with there gloves, helmet, etc. with Doans name on the back, as for one I'm not Doan, and I sure as heck can't play like him either! lol.. It doesn't mean I won't wear my Coyotes stuff to practice in though! On that note, I couldn't imagine wearing a team jersey to a pro game either, so to each there own!

clayman is offline   Reply With Quote