View Single Post
Old
05-31-2012, 08:04 AM
DutchShamrock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrangerfan View Post
From time to time I am reading about how the acquisition of Nash will gut the Rangers. Assume for a second the trade goes down as Dubi,DZ, Thomas, and a first.

What I'm left with is:

Richards...Gabs... Nash 32-30-27 (ages)

Kreider-Stepan-Cally 23-22-27

Prust-Boyle-Hags 28-27-23

Anis-Mitchell-Rupp 24-28-32

At this point... small upgrades probably would be needed? Is this now an old team?

TheD.

GIR- MCD 28-22

Staal- Erixson 25-22

Emms - Stralman 28-23

Minor pickups on the bottom as well are needed.

Is the team gutted? I'm not sure what the issue is?
The issue? You touched homegrown players. I used to act like that. I had a hissy fit when York was traded. Then he had a slow downward spiral followed by a fast downward spiral. Moving your homegrown guys for better players is part of the process of winning the cup. Some stay, some go. LA fans didn't want to part with Simmonds or Schenn for Kovalchuk, Richards... anyone. It's an extreme, but it's funny how exactly 1 season after moving two untouchable homegrown players they are in the finals.

And not to contradict myself, I'd rather move Erixon over MDZ. Emminger/Strahlman on the 3rd pair is looking at 5 minutes a game under Tortorella. Strahlman has indicated he may go home. Unless we land Schulz, and he and MacIlrath are NHL ready, we could consider the D gutted with the loss of MDZ, Sauer and Strahlman.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote