View Single Post
Old
05-31-2012, 09:41 AM
Ward Cornell

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchedGuy View Post
I would be surprised to see Palazzese moved out before Gibson status is known for sure. Maybe even September. Anaheim has a bit of depth in goal so if John doesnt get the starters role in AHL, I would suspect he will be back in Kitchener instead of backup duties.
And if Frankie gets moved, I don't see him being that cheap to acquire. It wont cost an arm and a leg, but I dont see it being for a mid to lower pick(s) either.

As for Kitchener, they have at least 2 OA spots open. 3 if Crescenzi sticks in the AHL. The Rangers will fill those open OA spots. They also have a surplus of younger forwards from last year that will be fighting for spots. I could see some of the depth moved to give them playing time elsewhere. I expect them to make a few moves in the off season before camps start.
Considering Frankie was the second highest in the CHL in save percentage I suspect at least 2 second rounders will be starting the conversation. Maybe even higher if the team inquiring about him is in the West. Of course, the price may vary pending on the number of suitors and the assets they have that Spott may want/need.
The Rangers have 2 defencemen from last season should be moved out to get them some playing time (Young, Genovese, Midensky and Gilbert). This number could go up if Trouba reports and Murphy returns.
There should also be at least 2 or 3 forwards from last years team that may be finding themselves a new home elsewhere to make room for Schmalz, Darby L and maybe Blasby. (I was very impressed with Blasby at rookie camp and is highly thought of being included on Ontarios U17). IMHO the forwards on the bubble should be Lorentz, Lesway, Francisco, Grant and Meighan. I suspect of those 5 Lorentz and Meighan may be safest to return. The returns at best for the others would be minimal.

Ward Cornell is offline   Reply With Quote