View Single Post
Old
05-31-2012, 11:56 AM
Reijo R

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Derek Stepan is 22 years old and Carl Hagelin is 23 years old, and both of them put up close to 50 pts already. Stepan did reach 50.
So, you only care about the regular season? Sure, they'll score 50 points because teams don't dig in defensively like they do in the playoffs. We just saw that with our own eyes! Now, you can say "Dude, they're kids, give them a chance!" and you may be right. But I could counter with "Hagelin is a smurf who can't take a hit and hold onto the puck" and "Stepan is just too slow and small to find space and play in it".

My point is, if some team offers us a player we need in return for either of these guys, it has to be done. Neither should be considered untouchable by any means, though I'm certainly not looking to give either away.

I also think Stepan should be dealt this offseason in a package for Nash. Maybe Dubi, Stepan and a 1st for Nash.

One other guy I think the Rangers should NOT deal unless they're getting back something special: Dylan McIlrath. They really need a nasty defenseman like him in a bad way, and he might negate dressing a useless goon (Brashear, Boogaard, and sadly, Rupp).

Reijo R is offline   Reply With Quote