View Single Post
Old
05-31-2012, 11:42 AM
rayuelo
Have Wheeling Probs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity View Post
Yeah, wax laces are the bomb. I switched a few months back and will never go back - once you've had wax, you'll never go back!
The wax does wear away over time though and then you're left with regular laces basically so it does increase the cost a bit.
Thought I'd share a couple of things I learned about waxed laces out there.

1. The most commonly found brand in my area is "Elite Hockey" (EH). I've been buying these for my two kids for several years now. Since the girls love to switch up the color when getting new laces, we've tried white, black, yellow, red, green, and pink (there are more). What should be noted is that the some colors tend to have more wax than others to the point that the wax wears out after only 10 skates for some colors, and on others (green in particular), there is so much wax that untying and loosening the laces after a skate takes a huge effort. I've heard others say the same about the green laces as well. Whether it's related to the color or perhaps batches, there is a definite inconsistency.

2. If you can find Graf waxed laces, IMO they have the perfect amount of wax that lasts a long time. Had mine for three months on a black pair, and they're as good as new. The last pair of EH brand waxed black laces lost a lot of the wax about a month in, although the lace itself was still in good shape.

rayuelo is offline   Reply With Quote