Thread: Value of: Ryan McDonagh & Dan Girardi
View Single Post
Old
05-31-2012, 11:43 AM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCallahan24 View Post
Well no one is 100% untouchable and you can still gauge value, no? So Malkin could never get traded? I guess Gretzky couldn't either...

edit: everyone has a price. If Tampa (they wouldn't, but if they did) offered Stamkos for Pietrangelo I think alot of fans and the GM would say yes.
Seriously. It took you five posts to get to Gretzky? Do I need to explain why that is completely irrelevant on five different levels?

Anyway, to answer your question, from the Flyers, I would gladly offer JVR and the 2012 1st for McDonagh.

Girardi's value is harder to gauge. He plays far better than his skill set suggests he should (which is more a testament to his play than a denigration of skills). He's the kind of guy you would love to build a defensive corp around, and I just don't see any team offering up a package that would make the Rangers move him.

Staal and MDZ both have questions--about their health, consistency, etc. They are also at least somewhat redundant, assuming the Rangers keep Girardi and McDonagh. That's the reason the original thread moved toward them and away from McD and Girardi.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote