View Single Post
Old
05-31-2012, 12:45 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
Did I miss a memo or something. Has the model of building a team changed to: let's get in the playoff's and hope to get lucky instead of trying to build the best damn team possible?
No, the model remains: Put the best team on the ice come opening night.

Have people suddenly forgotten that Chicago has far more talent than Phoenix? The reason they lost wasn't because they were the less talented team, it's because Phoenix was the better team with a better coach. You can ***** and whine all you want that Bowman needs to "spend as much money as possible!!, derp" but the fact remains other GM's would cream themselves for one of Toews, Kane, Hossa, Keith, Seabrook or Sharp and Chicago has 6 of them.. beyond that, Chicago has arguabley the best shut-down centre in the NHL and a ridiculous amount of prospects/young players waiting in the wings.

I swear, the moronic thinking that Chicago isn't a Stanley Cup contender is a joke. I guess LA and NJ aren't Stanley Cup contenders either.. but one of them is winning the Cup this year.. which is obviously impossible because non-Stanley Cup contenders get knocked out in the first round, clearly.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote